Cycles Masterclass ("CMC")
Terms & Conditions
Your child’s enrolment in the Cycles Masterclass ("CMC") at The Pique Lab Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “The Centre”) is subjected to the Terms and Conditions as listed below.
1.0 COURSE TERMS
1.1 Upon registration, The Centre will collect the course fee (S$97), which is inclusive of goods and services tax.
1.2 With the exception of registration for classes that are full (i.e. waitlist only), the above course is paid for in advance and the course fee will be due 10PM the day after the registration is made.
1.3 All course fees are inclusive of course materials.
1.4 Upon payment, you shall receive a receipt and course confirmation via email within 2 working days. Please retain the emails for verification purposes.
1.5 With the exception of Clause 1.4, all payments made are strictly non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable.
2.1 Please communicate with The Centre’s staff via the following channels:
(A) WhatsApp: 8621 1533 (most preferred) or
(B) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2.2 You are strongly encouraged to read and acknowledge all electronic correspondences for clarity.
3.1 Upon registration, you are required to arrange an ATM transfer / FAST interbank transfer to DBS Current Account 100-904204-4 or PayNow transfer to Unique Entity Number (UEN): 201700819R to secure the seat for your child.
3.2 You are required to indicate your child’s full name in the Reference field of the bank transfer form to facilitate The Centre’s administrative duties.
3.3 You are required to update The Centre immediately after payment has been made via the channels listed in Clause 2.1.
3.4 The Centre will not be able to guarantee the reservation of the seat if fee payment is not completed by the payment due date.
4.0 WITHDRAWAL / RESCHEDULE
4.1 In order to qualify for a fee refund, The Centre will require your expressed intention to withdraw from the course within 14 days of payment via the channels listed in Clause 2.1.
(A) If you qualify for a fee refund during the notice period, there will be administrative fee of S$30 per student.
(B) The fee refund will be made either in the form of a Cheque or Bank Transfer, depending on The Centre’s discretion.
(C) If the details required for the refund (i.e. payee name & bank account details) are not furnished within 7 days from the date of the request, The Centre shall terminate the request for the refund.
4.2 In order to qualify for a make-up lesson or a course reschedule, The Centre will require a minimum of 14 days’ notice prior to the commencement of the course via the channels listed in Clause 2.1. Any re-schedule or make-up arrangements are subjected to availability.
4.3 If the course falls outside of the notice period, no fee refund or course reschedule will be permitted.
5.1 Your child MUST NOT attend classes if he/she shows any signs of illnesses (such as coughing, sneezing or vomiting). This is to prevent infecting other children in the classroom. A child showing symptoms of illness will be required to be taken home immediately.
5.2 If your child has contracted any childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, hand, foot and mouth disease or measles, you must notify The Centre and keep him or her at home until the quarantine period is over. For your child to resume classes with us, a doctor’s memo certifying that your child is safe for school needs to be produced.
5.3 In the interest of your child’s well being whilst in The Centre’s care, The Centre must be informed of any medical or other conditions affecting your child (including learning challenges).
6.0 STUDENTS’ RESPONSIBILITIES
6.1 Students should be aware that they are attending the course(s) to study and are expected to behave responsibly at all times.
6.2 Activities that would cause disturbance to other students or The Centre, will result in instant dismissal from the course. In such case, no fee refund or re-schedule will be arranged.
6.3 Students are not allowed to share or disseminate any material by The Centre to anyone who is not a student from The Centre.
6.4 Students who are found committing the above offence may be subjected to instant dismissal from The Centre. In such case, no fee refund or re-schedule will be arranged.
6.5 Students will not be allowed to wait within The Centre’s premises before or after the course. The Centre will not be responsible for the student’s whereabouts prior to and after the course.
7.0 PARENTS’ RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 Parents will be required to take the student home immediately in the event of illness or disruptive behaviour in class. In such cases, no fee refund or re-schedule will be arranged.
7.2 Parents are expected to wait for students outside The Centre and will not be allowed to do so within The Centre’s premises.
7.3 In order to minimise class disruptions, please hand any items (food, jacket, spectacles etc.) that you would like to pass to your child to the reception instead.
8.0 THE CENTRE’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
8.1 The Centre reserves the right to cancel a course if it is undersubscribed. In this case, students will be given a full refund of fees paid for the unattended lessons.
8.2 Queries pertaining to any external materials brought in by students will only be answered or handled at the teachers’ discretion and convenience.
8.3 The Centre reserves the rights to change the tutors if it deems necessary and conduct the programs and classes in any manner it deems appropriate.
8.4 Parents are updated on the latest information through emails or newsletters and notices served to their children in classes.
9.0 PHOTOGRAPHS/ RECORDINGS
9.1 The Centre has round-the-clock surveillance systems installed within the premises to ensure the safety and security of their students.
9.2 Parents and students are not allowed to make photographic, video and/or other recordings inside our classrooms or premises unless you have obtained prior consent from The Centre.
9.3 Parents shall permit The Centre and its Staff to record their child’s image, work or voice for publicity, promotional, publishing or educational purposes.
9.4 The Centre will need a written notice (delivered by hand, post, email, WhatsApp message or SMS text message) of your expressed intention to opt out from the above clause.
10.1 While The Centre and its Staff will exercise the utmost care and precautions to ensure the safety of every student during classes, parents accept that mishaps and accidents may occur due to circumstances beyond The Centre’s control. Therefore, all parents agree that The Centre cannot be held liable for such incidents and will thus indemnify The Centre against such liability.
10.2 Parents or guardians will accept full liability for any damage caused by the student to premises where programmes are conducted.
10.3 The Centre will not be responsible or liable for the loss of any personal property in The Centre’s premises.
10.4 Upon the dismissal of classes, The Centre will not be responsible for the whereabouts of the students. Hence, The Centre seeks the kind cooperation of all parents and guardians. Herein thereof, parents are advised to take note of their children’s dismissal times and arrange for prompt pick-up.
Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which The Pique Lab Pte. Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1.0 PERSONAL DATA
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, gender, date of birth, photographs and other audio-visual information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
2.0 COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
2. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a. performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you; b. verifying your identity; c. responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you; d. managing your relationship with us; e. processing payment or credit transactions; f. sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our events, initiatives and other promotions; g. complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; h. any other purposes for which you have provided the information; i. transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and j. any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
3. We may disclose your personal data:
a. where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or b. to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Clause 2.2 above for us.
4. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
3.0 WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
1. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
2. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
3. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in Clause 3.1.
4. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect out right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
4.0 ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
2. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
3. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
5.0 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
2. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
6.0 ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
7.0 RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes
8.0 TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA. 9.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: Data Protection Officer: Goh Si Jia Contact Number: 9662 5405 (Call, WhatsApp) Email: email@example.com 10.0 EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
1. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
2. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date : 1/2/2018 Last updated : 3/2/2018
Do You Need Clarifications?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.