S1 Content Mastery Course
Become Great At Tackling Chemistry Questions
Discover the proven examination strategies & answering techniques used by over 7,836 students to score As in Science! (AND how your child can do it too… with the right guidance!)
What Your Child Will Learn
During this 5-day content-packed S1 CCI™ Chemistry Course, we’ll work closely with your child to improve on his/her mastery of the subject matter:
🧱 Understand Key Chemistry Concepts In The Secondary School Science Syllabus
We’ll help to break down complex Chemistry concepts using coloured illustrations, comparison charts and worked examples. Next, we’ll help your child relate these concepts with different scenarios so that he/she is better able to understand how these concepts work.
In order to help him/her retain information better, we will also introduce memory retention techniques, such as acronyms and abbreviations. As your child is expected to digest more content in secondary school, it will benefit him/her greatly to be able to recall key information easily.
We will also teach your child how to interpret graphs effectively and solve questions using Math.
🎯 Gain Exposure To Various Question Trends & Question Types
Our S1 CCI™ Chemistry Courses is all about understanding various examination question trends and question types & how to apply our tested and proven answering techniques to tackle these questions.
Knowing how questions may possibly be tested during examinations helps your child understand what to study and how to study. This also means that your child will be better equipped to tackle similar questions during his/her examinations and hence will be able to process these questions a lot faster than his/her peers.
If your child diligently reviews and applies what we’ve taught, he/she will definitely make progress in their abilities to tackle Chemistry questions.
🚀 Proven ‘Copy and Paste’ Answering Structures, Keywords & Key Phrases
Your child will NOT leave this workshop empty-handed.
Not only will our Secondary Science Specialists take your child through the step-by-step process of tackling Chemistry questions, we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes and worksheets that are designed to help students learn Science easier, better and faster.
These valuable resources will help to shorten the learning curve tremendously. You and your child can expect to save lots of valuable time and frustration trying to figure out what examination setters are looking out for.
Here’s a sample what your child will receive…
💣 Avoid ‘Concept Traps’ That Cause Most Students To Lose Marks Unnecessarily
It is important to have an understanding of the common conceptual pitfalls so that your child can learn to avoid them. We also included little ‘warning notes’ to remind students of potential misconceptions in their syllabus.
Do not underestimate these tips as they will help your child improve the odds of scoring an A for his/her Science examination!
S1 CCI™ Chemistry Course
- Level Eligibility: Secondary 1
- Sessions: 5
- Total Duration: 15 hours (5 x 3hrs)
- Tuition Fee: S$747
- Session 1: Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Session 2: Solutions & Suspensions
- Session 3: Separation Techniques
- Session 4: Particulate Nature of Matter
- Session 5: Atoms, Ions & Molecules
About Your Child’s Instructors
Your child will be taught by one of these instructors from our Secondary Science Specialist team.
Mr. Kenneth Mak
Mr. Kenneth Mak is the co-founder & PSLE Science Specialist of The Pique Lab. When it comes to secondary school Science, he is the go-to guy!
With more than 7 years of teaching experience, he has experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. He knows what works for the student and what doesn’t. Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ programme, he has helped more than 80% of his students clinch As during the Science examination.
Seasoned by experience, he is known among parents for building rapport with his students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
Here’s What Your Child Will Get
When your child enrolls today, he/she can look forward to get access to:
- 5 Core Topics Delivered Across 12 Hours of Lesson Time
- 137 Pages of Beautifully-Illustrated Science Notes
- 273 Questions Adapted From Past Year Examination Papers (on average, 47 per topic)
- 80 Additional Practice Questions
🧪 Topic: Elements, Mixtures & Compounds
- Elements & Their Properties
- Define an element
- Understand that elements can exists in elements and molecules
- Find elements in the periodic table
- Properties of metallic and non-metallic elements
- Test for elements
- Compounds & Their Properties
- Define a compound
- Understand how compounds are formed
- Test for compounds
- Properties of compounds
- Mixtures & Their Properties
- Define a mixture
- Recognise that mixtures can be formed from substances in different states of matter
- Properties of mixtures
- Compare Elements, Mixtures & Compounds
- Pure VS Impure Substances
- Recognising Ball Diagrams
🥛 Topic: Solutions & Suspensions
- Classification of Terms
- Solute VS solvent
- Homogenous VS heterogenous mixtures
- Solubility VS rate of dissolving
- Concentration of solutions (Dilute/Concentrated/Saturated)
- Solutions & Their Properties
- Define a solution
- Types of solutions
- Test for solutions
- Interpreting solubility curves
- Factors affecting the rate of dissolving
- Factors affecting solubility
- Suspension & Their Properties
- Define a suspension
- Types of suspensions
- Test for suspensions
🧲 Topic: Separation Techniques
- Recognise the 7 separation techniques
- Magnetic Attraction
- Evaporation till dryness
- Paper Chromatography
- Simple Distillation
- Fractional distillation
- For each separation technique:
- Identify the equipment involved in the experimental set-up
- Memorise the steps for executing the separation technique
- Understand its real-life application/usage
- Determine the separation techniques(s) to use based on:
- Physical states of matter in the mixture
- Heat stability of components
- Components to be obtained – Solute or Solvent
- Miscibility of components in the mixture
- Boiling points of components in the mixture
- Solubility of solute in the solvent
- Laboratory equipment available
🧊 Topic: Particulate Nature of Matter
- Particulate Model of Solid, Liquid & Gas
- Forces of attractions between particles
- Movement of particles
- Arrangement of particles
- Physical properties
- Relative Atomic/Molecular Mass of Substances X Movement
- Explain Changes in The Physical States of Matter
- Determining the States of Matter at Various Temperatures
- Interpreting table data
- Interpreting heating/cooling curve
⚛️ Topic: Atoms, Ions & Molecules
- Introduction to the Periodic Table
- Metals, Non-metals & Transition Metals
- Understand how elements are organized according to their groups and periods.
- Recognise the Structure of the Atoms and the Significance of their Sub-atomic Particles.
- Protons -> Unique Identifiers for elements
- Neutrons -> Linked to isotopes
- Electrons -> Linked to ions
- Learn how to draw the electronic structure of an atom and ion using the NSEW method.
- Interpret the electronic configuration of elements to determine its physical and chemical properties.
- Identify and interpret the chemical formulae formed between element(s) and compound(s).
We’re Conducting This Course Digitally On Zoom
Here’s How We Make It Easy For Parents & Students
Pick your preferred class based on the available dates & time.
Once we have received your child’s registration, we’ll confirm the lesson details with you via WhatsApp.
Sit back & relax while we courier the handouts required for the workshop to your home.
Install Zoom on your child’s learning device if you have not done so.
One day prior to the commencement of the digital lesson, we will send you the virtual classroom credentials via email and WhatsApp.
On the day of the lesson, your child should log into the virtual classroom 5 minutes before the lesson, with his/her handouts and stationery.
Enjoy the digital experience with us!
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any student who wants to score A1 for Lower Secondary Science, but is reluctant to revise using the traditional DRILLING method.
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high performing students.
Students who are having tuition that simply do not work for them.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Existing high performing students who want to strengthen their thought process & refine their answers to perfection!
Your child has been consistently scoring B3/A2, but struggle to get a breakthrough to the A1, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
Hear What Parents Have To Say About Their Kids’ Experience With Us.
Very Useful & Helpful!
“The S1 CCI was very helpful. Before attending the session, my daughter had difficulty in understanding certain Science concepts.
After attending the session, she has a better understanding of the topics and is now able to solve the questions using efficient methods. She is also able to use the notes and extra practices provided for revision.
Overall, the course was very useful and helpful and I highly recommend the course to other parents.
Emphasise On Keywords & Concepts
“Answering Section B of Science has always been a problem for Joshua. He is not familiar with the technique that is unique in answering, causing him to lose a lot of marks.
After being with The Pique Lab since Primary 6 and now in Secondary 1, he has more confidence in answering short answer questions as the teachers emphasise on key words and concepts, which allowed him to have better understanding on how to tackle each question.
Joshua always tell me the teachers are very engaging, lessons were always fun to be in and explanation for every topics were always so clear. I did not regret sending Joshua to The Pique Lab and will definitely introduce my friends to such a great learning centre.
Thank you for all your effort, Mr Mak and all teachers in Pique Lab.
Learnt A Lot More & Understand Much More!
“Dorothy was an ex-student of your regular class in her primary school. She did well during her PSLE. However, transiting into Secondary school was a different story altogether and she struggled with new concepts and theories. Thus when this opportunity came to attend your holiday lesson, she immediately jumped onto and look forward for class.
After the 2 days class, she came back with very positive feedback and she said she definitely learned a lot more and understand much more than before.
Kudos to Kenneth for his great teaching!
S1 Complete Concept Integration™ Chemistry Course Details
December School Holidays
Run 10: 30/11, 1/12, 2/12, 3/12, 4/12 (Monday to Friday) [*Open Only When There’re At Least 5 Students]
Conducted by: Mr. Kenneth Mak
Session 1: 30th November (Monday) - 1PM to 4PM
Session 2: 1st December (Tuesday) - 1PM to 4PM
Session 3: 2nd December (Wednesday) - 1PM to 4PM
Session 4: 3rd December (Thursday) - 1PM to 4PM
Session 5: 4th December (Friday) - 1PM to 4PM
If You’re Still On The Fence, Hear Us Out.
Over the past seven years, we’ve seen more than 3,451 students attend the CCI Science Course, achieving phenomenal improvements in their understanding of the subject matter & more importantly, their results.
We’ve been getting these raving testimonials from happy parents weekly after their kids have benefitted immensely from our help. Click here to see what other parents have been saying about our CCI Science Courses.
In case you’re wondering…
This is NOT one of those enrichment programs where students gain loads of theories and do nothing with them afterwards!
As your child will get to apply whatever they’ve learned directly on school examination questions during the course … by the time your child has completed the course, he/ she will be trained on how to tackle his/ her school homework & school examination papers accurately & efficiently.
Not a month later… or even a week later, but immediately!
During the S1 CCI™ Chemistry course, we’ll be revealing some massively potent studying strategies used by our top-performing students. These strategies have helped them save hours studying every day and yet allow them to score A1s during their school examinations time & time again!
So… if you are looking for:
1) A highly robust methodology to sharpen your child’s Science answering techniques, especially in their open-ended section (… such that he/she no longer loses marks unnecessarily due to missing links, key words or key phrases)
2) An engaging teacher with a strong proven track record (… trust me: teachers make or break the learning experience for students. Set them up with the right teacher & they’ll enjoy the learning process for life)
3) A comprehensive set of visually-appealing revision materials that high-performing students use to excel in their examinations (… you’d want your child to get his/her hands on these materials & start revising now. The best part: Your child doesn’t have to spend countless of hours trying to study, because we’ve distilled the most important parts to take note!)
… then this course may just be perfect for your child.
Now, let’s be real. Is this going to be easy?
There is ALWAYS going to be a bit of discomfort, uncertainty and plenty of hard work when your child is trying to learn and apply our answering structures to tackle examination questions. That is normal & many of our students go through the same process all the time.
Once your child pushes past that discomfort, that’s when you will notice real growth in his/her learning. It will not be a walk in the park, but we have plenty of materials & close guidance to help your child improve his/her answering techniques!
We’ll see your child at the workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the S1 CCI™ Science course different from other tuition programs out there?
It’s NOT a trial class nor a typical program where you expect 20-30 students crammed in a class, in a bid to do some last-minute rescue work. The CCI™ Science course is designed to solidify your child’s fundamentals in Science, so he/ she can tackle open-ended Science questions with ease & precision.
Here’s how it works: Throughout our teaching careers, we have perfected a number of strategies and tactics that are proven to work for our students. More importantly, these strategies are carefully documented in our course material, so these best practices could be taught effectively to new students. We will not hold any back “secret tactics” (unlike traditional kungfu masters) & these strategies would be EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones taught to our high performers.
Please note that our S1 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course is not for everyone. They work best for students who have the will & determination to do well, but are lacking the right strategies to get to the A1. Our strategies are all meat and no fluff. If you want lengthy theories, please read the textbook instead. Our S1 CCI™ Science course is all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible!
Will there be breaks in between classes?
Yes, we typically offer a 5-10 minutes break for every 1-hour of learning.
What topics are covered?
- Session 1: Elements, Compounds & Mixtures
- Session 2: Solutions & Suspensions
- Session 3: Separation Techniques
- Session 4: Particulate Nature of Matter
Will there be homework provided during the workshop?
There’ll not be any homework given during the workshop. The CCI™ Science course is a highly intensive workshop. Both concepts and answering techniques will be taught in class and we’ll teach your child how to apply these techniques on secondary school examination questions.
We will give your child a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from secondary school examination papers. These questions have been adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. A portion of the questions will be attempted & reviewed in class. The remaining questions can be brought home for their own practice. We’ll also send you an answer booklet for the questions in the CCI™ course.
Who is the instructor for the class?
Our classes are conducted by our team of highly-popular Science Specialists.
Our Science Specialists have collectively more than ten years of teaching experience under their belts. During which, they have experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. More importantly, they know what works for the student and what doesn’t.
Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, they have helped more than 80% of their students clinch As during their Science examination. Seasoned by experience, they’re known among parents for building rapport with their students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
What is the maximum class size?
Our CCI™ Science classes are typically fully booked. You can expect the class to have 14 to 16 students.
What kind of materials would my child be getting?
Your child would be receiving a comprehensive set of notes, covering a selected number of Secondary 1 Chemistry topics (see above) that we’ll be discussing during the CCI™ Science Course. On top of that, he/she will be receiving a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from secondary school examination papers.
These questions have been carefully adapted different schools & sorted based on their topics. As such, your child would have the opportunity to apply the thought processes and answering techniques learnt on these questions immediately.
Course Registration Form
Please fill in the following form accurately.
⚠️ TAKE NOTE:
(1) We are currently collating interest for these workshops to be conducted during the November/December school holidays. No payment is required at this point until we have confirmed the runs.
(2) By indicating your interest for the preferred runs, your child will be given priority to enroll for these workshops once we have confirmed the runs.
(3) These workshops will be conducted live via Zoom based on the scheduled dates & time.
(4) We have also included other Secondary 1 Science workshops in the form below, so you can indicate your interest for them if you’re interested as well.
Note: Please click the “Register Now” button to process the above registration.
You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.
Have Any Questions?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.