P6 Content Mastery Course
Become Great At Tackling Open-ended PSLE Science Questions
Discover the proven examination strategies & answering techniques used by over 16,938 primary school students to score A/A*s in Science! (AND how your child can do it too… with the right guidance!)
What Your Child Will Learn
During this 15-hour content-packed P6 CCI™ Science Course, we’ll work closely with your child to improve on his/her mastery of the subject matter:
🔗 Integrate, Link & Apply Scientific Concepts Across Multiple Topics
Take a look at your child’s examination paper & you may notice that there are more ‘application-type’ questions tested in the paper as compared to the examination papers a few years back.
Such application-based questions require students to have a strong understanding of various Science concepts that can be tested within the PSLE Science syllabus.
We will help your child uncover some of the commonly tested examination questions from each topic & also reveal how multiple Science concepts may be used TOGETHER to answer the question.
🚀 Proven ‘Copy and Paste’ Answering Structures, Keywords & Key Phrases
Your child will NOT leave this workshop empty-handed.
Not only will our PSLE Science Specialists guide your child through the step-by-step process of tackling open-ended questions, we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes, fill-in-the-blank handouts and worksheets that are all designed to help students learn Science easier, better and faster.
These valuable resources will help to shorten the learning curve tremendously. You and your child can expect to save lots of valuable time and frustration trying to figure out what examination setters are looking out for.
Here’s a sample what your child will receive…
🎯 Get Exposed To Various Question Trends & Question Types
Our P6 CCI™ Science Courses are all about understanding various question trends and question types & how to apply our tested and proven answering techniques to tackle these questions.
If your child diligently reviews and applies what we’ve taught, he/she will definitely make progress in their abilities to tackle open-ended questions. (Isn’t this the section that your child often struggles in?)
💣 Avoid ‘Concept Traps’ That Cause Most Students To Lose Marks Unnecessarily
It is important to have an understanding of the common conceptual pitfalls so that your child can learn to avoid them.
Do not underestimate these tips as they will help your child improve the odds of scoring an A or A* for the PSLE Science examination!
P6 CCI™ Science Course
- Level Eligibility: Primary 6
- Sessions: 5
- Total Duration: 15 hours (5 x 3 hrs)
- Tuition Fee: S$647
- Learning Arrangement:
- Digital Classes
- Onsite Classes* (subjected to changes to National Safe Management Measures)
- Session 1: Cells & Body Systems
- Session 2: Heat Energy & Water Cycle
- Session 3: Magnetism & Light
- Session 4: Plant Cycle, Animal & Plant Reproduction
- Session 5: Energy & Forces
About Your Child’s Instructors
Your child will be taught by one of these instructors from our PSLE Science Specialist team.
Ms. Jolie Goh
Over the past 7 years, Ms. Jolie has been proficient in showing her students how to apply scientific concepts to everyday phenomena while equipping them with the ability to relate once complicated scenarios to simple solutions. This has helped to inculcate the development of logic and critical thinking skills for her students.
As a graduate from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Ms. Jolie strives to achieve the amalgamation of academic excellence and essential life skills in her classroom. With patience and encouragement, she aims to foster confidence in her students and guide them through challenging topics and questions using proven methods. Her jovial disposition makes learning fun, jumpstarting her students’ interest and enthusiasm for Science.
Mr. Derrick Toh
With a Bachelor’s degree in Physics from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Mr. Derrick has a good mastery of Science concepts and is fully equipped to clarify common scientific misconceptions among students. Over the past seven years, he has worked closely with primary school students with differing academic abilities.
He is well-loved among his students for his patience in guiding them through the thought processes and answering techniques required to excel in the PSLE Science examination. Ensuring that the students enjoy his lessons is his top priority. In order to do so, he constantly integrates real-life examples and stories into his lessons to pique his students’ interest in Science.
Ms. Joanna Nazarene
With a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Ms. Joanna is proficient in her knowledge of Science and is fully equipped to patiently guide her students with the understanding of the PSLE Science concepts and application questions.
Having 6 years of teaching experience, Ms. Joanna ensures that her students are engaged and excited to learn by creating an enjoyable and interactive learning environment for them. Due to her friendly personality and devotion towards teaching, she has established a remarkable rapport among her students and their parents.
Mr. Kenneth Mak
Mr. Kenneth is the co-founder & PSLE Science Specialist of The Pique Lab. When it comes to primary school Science, he is the go-to guy!
With more than 11 years of teaching experience, he has experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. He knows what works for the student and what doesn’t. Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, he has helped more than 80% of his students clinch As and A*s during the PSLE Science examination.
Seasoned by experience, he is known among parents for building rapport with his students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
Mr. Firhad Rohani
Mr. Firhad is a Ministry of Education (MOE) trained teacher with a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from the National University of Singapore (NUS). After 15 years of experience in teaching, he believes in engaging his students actively to sustain their interest in learning. By utilising a well-planned lesson, scaffolding and purpose-driven activities, he creates an environment where students can acquire knowledge and skills actively.
Drawing insights from his Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), he emphasises on the subject's real-world applications and relevance, making the concepts easier to digest. For knowledge retention, he relies on routine and structure. With these components in place, he believes that experiential learning can take shape more efficiently.
Ms. Eunice Tan
Drawing from her eight years of primary school science teaching experience, Ms. Eunice creates a fun and comfortable learning environment for her students through the interactive classes she conducts. With her degree in Life Sciences from the National University of Singapore, she is fully equipped to patiently guide her students through the thought processes required for PSLE science concepts and application questions.
Making sure that her students understand the content is her top priority. Thus, she is always encouraging them to think and to question, and constantly seeks to clarify any doubts her students have. She hopes that as they journey towards As together, her students will grow to love Science even more.
Ms. Lim Zi Ai
Over the past 10 years, Ms. Lim has worked with students from a wide spectrum of backgrounds – from the extremely weak to the highly gifted. This is accompanied by an impressive track record of having 80% of her students score As and A*s in the PSLE Science examination.
As a Psychology graduate from the National University of Singapore, she actively seeks to use child psychology techniques to get her students to be intrinsically motivated to learn Science. Her secret lies in helping the child rediscover their interest for learning through her wide arsenal of humorous and inspiring teaching methods.
Ms. Cheryl Ng
Being a Chemistry graduate from National University of Singapore (NUS), Ms. Cheryl is competent in her knowledge of Science and is adept in linking scientific concepts to analogies. This helps to reinforce the understanding of her students and ensures that her students’ interest are always sustained throughout the lessons.
Throughout her eight years of teaching, she firmly believes that learning should be fun and enjoyable but never a chore, so that her students will always look forward to her lessons. On top of her affable personality, her patience towards her students make her well-liked by her students and their parents.
Here’s What Your Child Will Get
When your child enrolls today, he/she can look forward to get access to:
- 10 Core Topics Delivered Across 15 Hours of Lesson Time
- 119 Pages of Beautifully-Illustrated Science Notes
- 32 Questions Adapted From Past Year Examination Papers (on average, 3 per topic)
- 1 ‘Fill-in-the-blanks’ Activity Booklet
🧠 Does Your Child Know WHAT To Study & HOW To Study Science?
Growing up, many students are often overloaded with a lot of information when learning Science.
They are led to think that everything that they have been taught will be tested during their examinations. As a result, it is very easy for parents & children to get overwhelmed easily.
Well, is everything useful for the examinations? Absolutely not.
Having worked with thousands of primary school students over the past 7 years, we know what works and (more importantly) what doesn’t.
We help to distil the information by emphasising the important ones and pulling out the unimportant ones. It’s important to study smart. Learn from the experts as we share exactly what to study, so your child can focus his/her efforts on the concepts that really matter.
The content covered during our P4 CCI™ Science Course will help to consolidate your child’s learning over the past couple of years (Primary 3 and Primary 4) to better prepare him/her for the upcoming P4 SA2 Science examinations.
This will provide a good overview of how to study for his/her upcoming examinations. (It’s not that difficult, really.)
🦠 Topic: Cells
- List the various cells learnt (including specialised cells)
- State and explain the adaptation of specialised cells
- Label and relate the function of each cell part to experimental outcomes
- Identify the similarities and differences between an animal cell and a plant cell
💀 Topic: Body Systems
- Understand how the 5 different body systems work together
- Describe the various organs in the digestive system and their functions
- Understand how our body systems are involved during exercise
- Read/draw/interpret graphs for systems-related questions
- Understand how our body systems cope with changes in the environment
🔥 Topic: Heat Energy
- Apply the HPC answering technique
- Identify the 7 heat processes and its various applications
- Identify where water droplets form and explain how they formed
- Explain how evaporative cooling works
- Describe expansion and contraction with comparative terms
🌦Topic: Water Cycle
- Draw references between a ‘Water Cycle’ experimental set-up with the actual Water Cycle model
- Know when to apply the 9 ‘Water Cycle’ question types to various examination questions
- Describe how the Water Cycle in the terrarium works
- Understand how Water Cycle concepts are used to obtain clean water for drinking
🧲 Topic: Magnetism
- State the 4 types of magnetic materials
- Know how to apply the ‘3 Golden Rules of Magnetism’
- Compare magnetic strength using experiments
- Understand how electromagnets are used in our daily lives
🔦 Topic: Light
- Apply the 2 key properties of light to examination questions
- Apply the ‘shadows’ and ‘light’ answering structures
- Recognise how the opacity of the object and the screen affects the shade of the shadow formed
- Understand how the distance between light source, object, and screen affects the size of the shadow formed
🌱 Topic: Plant Cycle
- Identify and explain how the growth of the plant affects the various part in the plant
- Understand how the transport of substances in plant are affected when the transport tubes are removed
- State the 4 methods of seed dispersal and their related explanations
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages related to the change in the size of the stomata
👼🏻 Topic: Animal & Plant Reproduction
- Understand how flowers are adapted for wind/insect-pollination
- Recognise the similarities and differences between animal and plant reproduction
- Relate the function of reproductive organs to its impact on reproduction when these organs are removed
- Understand the adaptation for survival by having 2 ovaries/testes
🎢 Topic: Energy
- Apply the “energy conversion” answering technique
- State the factors affecting each energy form
- Relate the various scenarios to the type of energy stored in objects
- Understand how to use the ‘Energy’ keywords appropriately
🌎 Topic: Forces
- Identify the differences between the keywords “acting on” and “greater than”
- Explain application question using the keywords “acting on” and “greater than”
- State the factors affecting each force
- Recognise the difference between “types of forces” and “effects of forces”
Visualise The Digital Experience
Here's How We Make It Easy For Parents & Students
Visualise The Onsite Experience
Here's How Keep Your Child Safe With Enhanced Measures
From the beginning, your child's safety and well-being have always been important to us. We will be adopting a series of government-mandated measures to make our onsite experience as safe as possible for our learners.
SafeEntry Registration & Temperature Screening
Every student authorised to attend onsite lessons will need to report to the Temperature Screening Station before attending the class:
(i) Undergo health screening (temperature taking & health declaration)
(ii) Check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry if the following conditions are met:
- You/your child have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- You/your child are not currently under a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice
- You/your child do not have a fever or flu-like symptoms
- You/your child agree to the terms and consent to the collection and use of your information for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing
✳️ Please ensure that your child brings along his/her TraceTogether token or mobile phone with the TraceTogether App to facilitate the SafeEntry processing.
(1) The TraceTogether Token or App is mandatory from 1 June 2021 onwards. Students without the token or the app will not be allowed to enter the premises.
(2) SafeEntry Check-in via SingPass or Mobile QR code will no longer be accepted from 17 May 2021 onwards. Scanning of barcodes on personal identification cards to check in to venues will still be allowed until 31 May 2021.
(3) If your child is living in the same household as a family member who is unwell, he/she should not be attending his/her onsite lesson for that particular week.
(4) Students and staff who are unwell (i.e. fever or respiratory symptoms) will not be allowed to enter our premises.
(5) Students and staff who are on Health Risk Warning (HRW) are encouraged to minimise unnecessary social interactions and may only be allowed to enter the centre if they produce photoevidence of a negative Antigen Rapid test (ART) taken on that day.
Disinfection Between Classes & Regular, Extensive Sanitisation Efforts
Classrooms will also be thoroughly sanitised before and after classes.
We have also stepped up our sanitisation efforts in classrooms and common areas with the use of NEA-approved professional cleaners.
Deep cleaning by fogging non-toxic, skin-friendly chemicals have also been scheduled on a weekly basis.
Revised In-Class Seating Arrangement
Students attending onsite lessons will be split into groups of 5 with at least 1-metre distancing between groups.
As much as possible, we will attempt to assign onsite classes across all of our classrooms in the other units on the same level to avoid intermingling between students.
Entry/exit timings of all students will also be staggered.
Use of Masks
All students will be required to wear a mask at the Centre. Students can choose to wear a face shield on top of a mask for additional protection if desired.
Easy Access to Sanitisers
Automated hand sanitiser dispenser machines have also been installed along all common areas for students to use when necessary.
Safe Distancing Control In Common Areas
Aside from the installation of safe distancing markers on the ground, safe distancing ambassadors will also be deployed to remind students to keep a safe distance from each other.
As much as possible, parents who are picking up their children should make pick-up arrangements at Level 1 to avoid crowding the waiting areas.
Changes to Reception Operations
Our Reception will also remain CLOSED for enquiries and payment.
If you would like to learn more about our programmes or products, please contact us via WhatsApp, Email or Live Chat.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any student who wants to score As & A*s for P6 Science, but is reluctant to revise using the traditional DRILLING method.
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high performing students.
Students who are having tuition that simply do not work for them.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Existing high performing students who want to strengthen their thought process & refine their answers to perfection!
Your child has been consistently scoring As, but struggle to get a breakthrough to the A*, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
Hear What Parents Have To Say About Their Kids’ Experience With Us.
Found Notes & Answering Techniques Very Useful!
“Clare enjoyed the P6 CCI Science Course very much. The lessons were fun and interesting and she found the notes and the answering techniques taught very useful.
Most importantly, they are in line with what her primary school teacher is teaching her. She was sad that on the last day that the course had come to an end.
Thank you The Pique Lab for helping her gain confidence in the subject!”
Understood Concepts Better!
“My child had difficulties absorbing the facts for some of the primary school Science topics.
After attending the P6 CCI Science Course with Mr Derrick, he mentioned he understood them better and the notes given are very useful. He like this Science lesson compared to his school lesson. He has a better understanding and the class also maintained with fewer students.
I will recommend The Pique Lab to other parents.”
Found Teaching Methods Effective
“Initially my son didn’t want to attend the P6 CCI Science Course and grumbled having to wake up early during the school holidays but after attending the P6 CCI Science Course, he enjoyed the lessons and found the teaching methods effective and interesting.
He told me now he has a better understanding of the science concept and will perform better for the coming prelim & PSLE.”
P6 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course Details
There are NO available P6 CCI™ Science Course intakes at this point in time.
If you’d like to be given the heads up when there are new intakes, please fill in the form below.
Thank you! 😇
If You’re Still On The Fence, Hear Us Out.
Over the past seven years, we’ve seen more than 3,451 primary school students attend the CCI Science Course, achieving phenomenal improvements in their understanding of the subject matter & more importantly, their results.
We’ve been getting these raving testimonials from happy parents weekly after their kids have benefitted immensely from our help. Click here to see what other parents have been saying about our CCI Science Courses.
In case you’re wondering…
This is NOT one of those enrichment programs where students gain loads of theories and do nothing with them afterwards!
As your child will get to apply whatever they’ve learned directly on school examination questions during the course … by the time your child has completed the course, he/ she will be trained on how to tackle his/ her school homework & school examination papers accurately & efficiently.
Not a month later… or even a week later, but immediately!
During the P6 CCI™ Science course, we’ll be revealing some massively potent studying strategies used by our top-performing primary school students. These strategies have helped them save hours studying every day and yet allow them to score As & A*s during their school examinations time & time again!
So… if you are looking for:
1) A highly robust methodology to sharpen your child’s Science answering techniques, especially in their open-ended section (… such that he/she no longer loses marks unnecessarily due to missing links, key words or key phrases)
2) An engaging teacher with a strong proven track record with primary school students (>80% As and A*s) (… trust me: teachers make or break the learning experience for students. Set them up with the right teacher & they’ll enjoy the learning process for life)
3) A comprehensive set of visually-appealing revision materials that high-performing primary school students use to excel in their examinations (… you’d want your child to get his/her hands on these materials & start revising now. The best part: Your child doesn’t have to spend countless hours trying to study, because we’ve distilled the most important parts to take note!)
… then this course may just be perfect for your child.
Now, let’s be real. Is this going to be easy?
There is ALWAYS going to be a bit of discomfort, uncertainty and plenty of hard work when your child is trying to learn and apply our answering structures to tackle examination questions. That is normal & many of our students go through the same process all the time.
Once your child pushes past that discomfort, that’s when you will notice real growth in his/her learning. It will not be a walk in the park, but we have plenty of materials & close guidance to help your child improve his/her answering techniques!
We’ll see your child at the workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the P6 CCI™ Science course different from other tuition programs out there?
It’s NOT a trial class nor a typical program where you expect 20-30 students crammed in a class, in a bid to do some last-minute rescue work. The CCI™ Science course is designed to solidify your child’s fundamentals in Science, so he/ she can tackle open-ended Science questions with ease & precision.
Here’s how it works: Throughout our teaching careers, we have perfected a number of strategies and tactics that are proven to work for our students. More importantly, these strategies are carefully documented in our course material, so these best practices could be taught effectively to new primary school students. We will not hold any back “secret tactics” (unlike traditional kungfu masters) & these strategies would be EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones taught to our high performers.
Please note that our P6 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course is not for everyone. They work best for students who have the will & determination to do well, but are lacking the right strategies to get to the A or A*. Our strategies are all meat and no fluff. If you want lengthy theories, please read the textbook instead. Our P6 CCI™ Science course is all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible!
Will there be breaks in between classes?
Yes, we typically offer a 5-10 minutes break for every 1-hour of learning. Your child will get two short breaks for every 3 hours of learning and a full 1-hour lunch break in the middle (for those who registered for the CCI™ in the 2.5-day format).
What topics are covered?
Session 1) Cells & Body Systems
Session 2) Heat Energy & Water Cycle
Session 3) Magnetism & Light
Session 4) Plant Cycle, Animal & Plant Reproduction
Session 5) Energy & Forces
Will there be homework provided during the workshop?
There’ll not be any homework given during the workshop. The CCI™ Science course is a highly intensive workshop. Both concepts and answering techniques will be taught in class and we’ll teach your child how to apply these techniques on primary school examination questions.
We will give your child a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers. These questions have been adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. A portion of the questions will be attempted & reviewed in class. The remaining questions can be brought home for their own practice. We’ll also send you an answer booklet for the questions in the CCI™ course.
Who is the instructor for the class?
Our classes are conducted by our team of highly-popular primary school Science Specialists.
Our PSLE Science Specialists have collectively more than ten years of teaching experience under their belts. During which, they have experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. More importantly, they know what works for the student and what doesn’t.
Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, they have helped more than 80% of their students clinch As and A*s during the PSLE Science examination. Seasoned by experience, they’re known among parents for building rapport with their students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
What is the maximum class size?
What kind of materials would my child be getting?
Your child would be receiving a comprehensive set of notes, covering a selected number of P4, P5 and P6 topics (see above) that we’ll be discussing during the CCI™ Science Course. On top of that, he/she will be receiving a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers.
These questions have been carefully adapted different schools & sorted based on their topics. As such, your child would have the opportunity to apply the thought processes and answering techniques learnt on these questions immediately.
What is the difference between the CCI™ Science Workshop and the Experimental Techniques Masterclass?
The CCI™ Science Program is a different program from the 3-hour Experimental Techniques™ Masterclass.
The 3-hour masterclass is a skills-based workshop – focusing on questions involved in experimental set-ups (such as what is the aim of the experiment, how to ensure a fair test, etc). In contrast, the CCI workshop is a content-based, comprehensive workshop – focusing on the thought processes & answering techniques for a selected number of P4, P5 and P6 topics.
There’ll not be any overlaps in terms of the focus. Parents usually send their kids for both courses because we cover answering techniques for different skill sets.
Course Registration Form
Please fill in the following form accurately.
Note: Please click the “Register Now” button to process the above registration.
You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.
Have Any Questions?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.