P4 Content Mastery Courses
Become Great At Tackling P4 Science Questions
Discover the proven examination strategies & answering techniques used by over 16,938 primary school students to score A/A*s in Science! (AND how your child can do it too… with the right guidance!)
What Your Child Will Learn
During this 12-hour content-packed P4 CCI™ Science Course, we’ll work closely with your child to improve on his/her mastery of the subject matter:
🎯 Gain Exposure To Various Question Trends & Question Types
Our P4 CCI™ Science Courses are all about understanding various question trends and question types & how to apply our tested and proven answering techniques to tackle these questions.
Many P4 students lack exposure to past year examination questions and have little idea about what can possibly be tested during their examinations.
The goal here is to increase your child’s familiarity with these questions, so he/she can make progress in their abilities to tackle Science questions effectively.
🚀 Mastering Answering Techniques With Keywords & Key Phrases
Many P4 students lack the ability to produce scientific answers because of their limited vocabulary.
We will share with your child how to phrase his/her answers based on what examination setters are looking out for. These are simple tweaks that will make the difference between a ‘complete answer’ and an ‘incomplete answer’.
The best part… your child will NOT leave this workshop empty-handed.
Not only will our PSLE Science Specialists guide your child through the step-by-step process of tackling Science questions (MCQs & OEQs), we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes, fill-in-the-blank handouts and worksheets that are all designed to help students learn Science easier, better and faster.
These valuable resources will help to shorten the learning curve tremendously. You and your child can expect to save lots of valuable time and frustration trying to figure out what examination setters are looking out for.
Here’s a sample what your child will receive…
💣 Avoid ‘Concept Traps’ That Cause Most Students To Lose Marks Unnecessarily
It is important to have an understanding of the common conceptual pitfalls so that your child can learn to avoid them.
Do not underestimate these tips as they will help your child improve the odds of scoring an A or A* for the P4 SA2 Science examination!
P4 CCI™ Science Course
- Level Eligibility: Primary 4
- Sessions: 4
- Total Duration: 12 hours (4 x 3 hrs)
- Tuition Fee: S$577
- Learning Arrangement:
- Digital Classes
- Onsite Classes* (subjected to changes to National Safe Management Measures)
- Session 1: Plants, Fungi, Bacteria, Animal Classification & Materials
- Session 2: Digestive System, Body Systems, Plant Life Cycle
- Session 3: Animal Life Cycle, Magnets, Matter
- Session 4: Light Energy & Heat Energy
About Your Child’s Instructors
Your child will be taught by one of these instructors from our PSLE Science Specialist team.
Ms. Jolie Goh
Over the past 7 years, Ms. Jolie has been proficient in showing her students how to apply scientific concepts to everyday phenomena while equipping them with the ability to relate once complicated scenarios to simple solutions. This has helped to inculcate the development of logic and critical thinking skills for her students.
As a graduate from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Ms. Jolie strives to achieve the amalgamation of academic excellence and essential life skills in her classroom. With patience and encouragement, she aims to foster confidence in her students and guide them through challenging topics and questions using proven methods. Her jovial disposition makes learning fun, jumpstarting her students’ interest and enthusiasm for Science.
Ms. Lim Zi Ai
Over the past 10 years, Ms. Lim has worked with students from a wide spectrum of backgrounds – from the extremely weak to the highly gifted. This is accompanied by an impressive track record of having 80% of her students score As and A*s in the PSLE Science examination.
As a Psychology graduate from the National University of Singapore, she actively seeks to use child psychology techniques to get her students to be intrinsically motivated to learn Science. Her secret lies in helping the child rediscover their interest for learning through her wide arsenal of humorous and inspiring teaching methods.
As a Life Sciences graduate from National University of Singapore (NUS), Mr. Malcolm has acquired great proficiency in scientific concepts and is well versed in memorisation techniques. By "thinking out of the box", he is able to leverage on creative teaching methods to unravel and simplify misconceptions faced by students.
Drawing from his 5 years of experience working with children, he is well-liked among parents and students for his affable and infectious personality. He strongly believes in incorporating the element of fun into his teaching, while ensuring his students develop a holistic understanding of scientific concepts.
Ms. Joanna Nazarene
With a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Ms. Joanna is proficient in her knowledge of Science and is fully equipped to patiently guide her students with the understanding of the PSLE Science concepts and application questions.
Having 6 years of teaching experience, Ms. Joanna ensures that her students are engaged and excited to learn by creating an enjoyable and interactive learning environment for them. Due to her friendly personality and devotion towards teaching, she has established a remarkable rapport among her students and their parents.
Mr. Derrick Toh
With a Bachelor’s degree in Physics from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Mr. Derrick has a good mastery of Science concepts and is fully equipped to clarify common scientific misconceptions among students. Over the past seven years, he has worked closely with primary school students with differing academic abilities.
He is well-loved among his students for his patience in guiding them through the thought processes and answering techniques required to excel in the PSLE Science examination. Ensuring that the students enjoy his lessons is his top priority. In order to do so, he constantly integrates real-life examples and stories into his lessons to pique his students’ interest in Science.
Here’s What Your Child Will Get
When your child enrolls today, he/she can look forward to get access to:
- 10 Core Topics Delivered Across 12 Hours of Lesson Time
- 80 Pages of Beautifully-Illustrated Science Notes
- 84 Questions Adapted From Past Year Examination Papers
- 1 ‘Fill-in-the-Blanks’ Handout Set
🧠 Does Your Child Know WHAT To Study & HOW To Study Science?
Growing up, many students are often overloaded with a lot of information when learning Science.
They are led to think that everything that they have been taught will be tested during their examinations. As a result, it is very easy for parents & children to get overwhelmed.
Well, is everything useful for the examinations? Absolutely not.
Having worked with thousands of primary school students over the past 7 years, we know what works and (more importantly) what doesn’t.
We help to distil the information by emphasising the important ones and pulling out the unimportant ones. It’s important to study smart. Learn from the experts as we share exactly what to study, so your child can focus his/her efforts on the concepts that really matter.
The content covered during our P4 CCI™ Science Course will help to consolidate your child’s learning over the past couple of years (Primary 3 and Primary 4) to better prepare him/her for the upcoming P4 SA2 Science examinations.
This will provide a good overview of how to study for his/her upcoming examinations. (It’s not that difficult, really.)
🍄 Topic: Plants, Fungi & Bacteria
- Understand the conditions required for fungi to grow
- Name the similarities and differences between plants and fungi
- Name the similarities and differences between bacteria and fungi
- Understand that there are good and bad bacteria
🦁 Topic: Animal Classification
- State the characteristics of each animal group
- State the similarities and differences between the different animal
- List some examples of animals in each group
- Classify animals into their respective groups
🧱 Topic: Materials
- Classify materials according to their properties
- Identify the tests required to find out the properties of each material
- Identify the properties of each material
- Apply and explain why different materials are chosen for different objects
🍔 Topic: Digestive System
- Identify the organs involved in the digestive system
- Understand how food travels through the digestive system
- Explain and differentiate the functions of each organ
- Read and interpret graphs of the digestive system
⚙️ Topic: Body Systems
- Understand and explain the functions of each body system
- Explain how the different body systems work together
- Identify the organs involved in each system and the functions of the organs
🌱 Topic: Plant Life Cycle
- Identify and explain the stages in the plant cycle
- Explain the functions of the different parts of the plant
- Identify the conditions needed for germination
🐣 Topic: Animal Cycle
- Identify the number of stages in the life cycle for each organism
- Understand the similarities and differences in the life cycles of organisms
- Interpret graphs based on the life cycle of the organism
- Classify each organism according to its life cycle
- Explain the characteristic of each stage in the life cycle
🧲 Topic: Magnets
- Understand the methods used to create temporary magnets
- Explain the methods used to increase and decrease the magnetic strength of magnets
- Understand the effects of magnetism (Attraction & Repulsion)
- Identify magnetic materials and non-magnetic materials
- Understand that repulsion is required in order to conclude that an object is a magnet
🧊 Topic: Matter
- Explain the 2 properties of matter
- Classify objects into matter or non-matter
- Identify the 3 states of matter and the properties of each state of matter
- Understand the concepts of matter and apply them in real-life application questions
🔦 Topic: Light Energy
- Identify the properties of light
- Draw light rays correctly using a ruler
- Explain how an object can be seen
- Understand and explain the transparency of materials
- Explain how shadows are formed
- Understand the factors affecting the size and shade of shadows
🔥 Topic: Heat Energy
- Differentiate between Heat Energy & Temperature
- Learn the characteristics of poor & good conductors of Heat
- Identify of the 7 heat processes
- Interpret of heat line graphs
Visualise The Digital Experience
Here's How We Make It Easy For Parents & Students
Visualise The Onsite Experience
Here's How Keep Your Child Safe With Enhanced Measures
From the beginning, your child's safety and well-being have always been important to us. We will be adopting a series of government-mandated measures to make our onsite experience as safe as possible for our learners.
SafeEntry Registration & Temperature Screening
Every student authorised to attend onsite lessons will need to report to the Temperature Screening Station before attending the class:
(i) Undergo health screening (temperature taking & health declaration)
(ii) Check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry if the following conditions are met:
- You/your child have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- You/your child are not currently under a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice
- You/your child do not have a fever or flu-like symptoms
- You/your child agree to the terms and consent to the collection and use of your information for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing
✳️ Please ensure that your child brings along his/her TraceTogether token or mobile phone with the TraceTogether App to facilitate the SafeEntry processing.
(1) The TraceTogether Token or App is mandatory from 1 June 2021 onwards. Students without the token or the app will not be allowed to enter the premises.
(2) SafeEntry Check-in via SingPass or Mobile QR code will no longer be accepted from 17 May 2021 onwards. Scanning of barcodes on personal identification cards to check in to venues will still be allowed until 31 May 2021.
(3) If your child is living in the same household as a family member who is unwell, he/she should not be attending his/her onsite lesson for that particular week.
(4) Students and staff who are unwell (i.e. fever or respiratory symptoms) will not be allowed to enter our premises.
(5) Students and staff who are on Health Risk Warning (HRW) are encouraged to minimise unnecessary social interactions and may only be allowed to enter the centre if they produce photoevidence of a negative Antigen Rapid test (ART) taken on that day.
Disinfection Between Classes & Regular, Extensive Sanitisation Efforts
Classrooms will also be thoroughly sanitised before and after classes.
We have also stepped up our sanitisation efforts in classrooms and common areas with the use of NEA-approved professional cleaners.
Deep cleaning by fogging non-toxic, skin-friendly chemicals have also been scheduled on a weekly basis.
Revised In-Class Seating Arrangement
Students attending onsite lessons will be split into groups of 5 with at least 1-metre distancing between groups.
As much as possible, we will attempt to assign onsite classes across all of our classrooms in the other units on the same level to avoid intermingling between students.
Entry/exit timings of all students will also be staggered.
Use of Masks
All students will be required to wear a mask at the Centre. Students can choose to wear a face shield on top of a mask for additional protection if desired.
Easy Access to Sanitisers
Automated hand sanitiser dispenser machines have also been installed along all common areas for students to use when necessary.
Safe Distancing Control In Common Areas
Aside from the installation of safe distancing markers on the ground, safe distancing ambassadors will also be deployed to remind students to keep a safe distance from each other.
As much as possible, parents who are picking up their children should make pick-up arrangements at Level 1 to avoid crowding the waiting areas.
Changes to Reception Operations
Our Reception will also remain CLOSED for enquiries and payment.
If you would like to learn more about our programmes or products, please contact us via WhatsApp, Email or Live Chat.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any student who wants to score As & A*s for P4 Science, but is reluctant to revise using the traditional DRILLING method.
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high performing students.
Students who are having tuition that simply do not work for them.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Existing high performing students who want to strengthen their thought process & refine their answers to perfection!
Your child has been consistently scoring As, but struggle to get a breakthrough to the A*, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
Hear What Parents Have To Say About Their Kids’ Experience With Us.
Looked Forward To Classes Daily!
“Aidan really enjoyed his lessons and looked forward to going to classes each day which is a great testimonial in itself as he was not too keen to spend his holidays attending tuition classes at first.
Thank you to Pique Lab for igniting his interest!”
Thoughtfully Created & Well Organised!
“My child had an enjoyable and enriching 4 days attending the P4 Complete Concept Integration Science Course.
She was excited to share with the family what she had learnt during the sessions and showed us her notes every day when she got home , insisting that i read them! I must say that the notes are very thoughtfully created and well organised and yes, colour make ALL the difference!
My child was actually sad that yesterday was the last day of the course! If a 10 yr old child can find a 3-hour course so exciting and interesting, you know you have done something right. Thank you for making learning fun!”
More Confident In Answering!
“Even though my daughter knows her Science concepts well, she struggles in her answering techniques, resulting in her being less confident during exams. After attending P4 CCI workshop, she is much more confident in answering open- ended questions. She enjoyed her daily classes.
I will recommend The Pique Lab to other parents!”
P4 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course Details
There are NO available P4 CCI Science Courses at this point in time.
If you'd like to be given the heads up when our enrollments open, please fill in the Interest Check form below.
Thank you! 😇
If You’re Still On The Fence, Hear Us Out.
Over the past seven years, we’ve seen more than 3,451 primary school students attend the CCI Science Course, achieving phenomenal improvements in their understanding of the subject matter & more importantly, their results.
We’ve been getting these raving testimonials from happy parents weekly after their kids have benefitted immensely from our help. Click here to see what other parents have been saying about our CCI Science Courses.
In case you’re wondering…
This is NOT one of those enrichment programs where students gain loads of theories and do nothing with them afterwards!
As your child will get to apply whatever they’ve learned directly on school examination questions during the course … by the time your child has completed the course, he/ she will be trained on how to tackle his/ her school homework & school examination papers accurately & efficiently.
Not a month later… or even a week later, but immediately!
During the P4 CCI™ Science course, we’ll be revealing some massively potent studying strategies used by our top-performing primary school students. These strategies have helped them save hours studying every day and yet allow them to score As & A*s during their school examinations time & time again!
So… if you are looking for:
1) A highly robust methodology to sharpen your child’s Science answering techniques, especially in their open-ended section (… such that he/she no longer loses marks unnecessarily due to missing links, key words or key phrases)
2) An engaging teacher with a strong proven track record with primary school students (>80% As and A*s) (… trust me: teachers make or break the learning experience for students. Set them up with the right teacher & they’ll enjoy the learning process for life)
3) A comprehensive set of visually-appealing revision materials that high-performing primary school students use to excel in their examinations (… you’d want your child to get his/her hands on these materials & start revising now. The best part: Your child doesn’t have to spend countless of hours trying to study, because we’ve distilled the most important parts to take note!)
… then this course may just be perfect for your child.
Now, let’s be real. Is this going to be easy?
There is ALWAYS going to be a bit of discomfort, uncertainty and plenty of hard work when your child is trying to learn and apply our answering structures to tackle examination questions. That is normal & many of our students go through the same process all the time.
Once your child pushes past that discomfort, that’s when you will notice real growth in his/her learning. It will not be a walk in the park, but we have plenty of materials & close guidance to help your child improve his/her answering techniques!
We’ll see your child at the workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the P4 CCI™ Science course different from other tuition programs out there?
It’s NOT a trial class nor a typical program where you expect 20-30 students crammed in a class, in a bid to do some last-minute rescue work. The CCI™ Science course is designed to solidify your child’s fundamentals in Science, so he/ she can tackle open-ended Science questions with ease & precision.
Here’s how it works: Throughout our teaching careers, we have perfected a number of strategies and tactics that are proven to work for our students. More importantly, these strategies are carefully documented in our course material, so these best practices could be taught effectively to new primary school students. We will not hold any back “secret tactics” (unlike traditional kungfu masters) & these strategies would be EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones taught to our high performers.
Please note that our P4 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course is not for everyone. They work best for students who have the will & determination to do well, but are lacking the right strategies to get to the A or A*. Our strategies are all meat and no fluff. If you want lengthy theories, please read the textbook instead. Our P4 CCI™ Science course is all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible!
Will there be breaks in between classes?
Yes, we typically offer a 5-10 minutes break for every 1-hour of learning.
What topics are covered?
Session 1: Plants, Fungi, Bacteria, Animal Classification, Materials
Session 2: Digestive System, Body Systems, Plant Life Cycle
Session 3: Animal Life Cycle, Magnets, Matter
Session 4: Light Energy & Heat Energy
Will there be homework provided during the workshop?
There’ll not be any homework given during the workshop. The CCI™ Science course is a highly intensive workshop. Both concepts and answering techniques will be taught in class and we’ll teach your child how to apply these techniques on primary school examination questions.
We will give your child a question booklet containing a curated list of multiple-choice & open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers. These questions have been carefully adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. A portion of the questions will be attempted & reviewed in class. The remaining questions can be brought home for their own practice. We’ll also send you an answer booklet for the questions in the CCI™ course.
Who is the instructor for the class?
Our classes are conducted by our team of highly-popular primary school Science Specialists.
Our PSLE Science Specialists have collectively more than ten years of teaching experience under their belts. During which, they have experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. More importantly, they know what works for the student and what doesn’t.
Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, they have helped more than 80% of their students clinch As and A*s during the PSLE Science examination. Seasoned by experience, they’re known among parents for building rapport with their students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
What is the maximum class size?
Our CCI™ Science classes are typically fully booked. You can expect the class to have 12 students.
What kind of materials would my child be getting?
Your child would be receiving a comprehensive set of notes, covering a selected number of P3 and P4 topics (see above) that we’ll be discussing during the CCI™ Science Course. On top of that, he/she will be receiving a question booklet containing a curated list of multiple-choice & open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers.
These questions have been carefully adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. As such, your child would have the opportunity to apply the thought processes and answering techniques learnt on these questions immediately.
My child attended the P3 CCI last year. Should he/she attend the P4 CCI this year?
If your child attended the P3 CCI Science Course or P3 Masterclasses last year, you may notice that some of these topics will be covered in the P4 CCI Science Course this year
- Living & Non-living Things (P3 CCI)
- Plants, Fungi & Bacteria (P3 CCI)
- Animal Classification (P3 CCI)
- Materials (P3 CCI)
- Magnets (P3 CCI)
- Plant Life Cycle & Animal Life Cycle (P3 Cycle Masterclass)
- Plant Systems, Digestive System & Body Systems (P3 Systems Masterclass)
If your child would like to get a recap on the above topics, as well as new topics (Light Energy & Matter), we've a concessionary offer for P3 CCI graduates to attend the 2022 P4 CCI Science Course at S$377, instead of S$577.
Course Registration Form
Please fill in the following form accurately.
Note: Please click the “Register Now” button to process the above registration.
You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.
Have Any Questions?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.