P5 Content Mastery Course
Become Great At Tackling Open-ended P5 Science Questions
Discover the proven examination strategies & answering techniques used by over 16,938 primary school students to score A/A*s in Science! (AND how your child can do it too… with the right guidance!)
What Your Child Will Learn
During this 12-hour content-packed P5 CCI™ Science Course, we’ll work closely with your child to improve on his/her mastery of the subject matter:
🔗 Integrate, Link & Apply Scientific Concepts Across Multiple Topics
Take a look at your child’s examination paper & you may notice that there are more ‘application-type’ questions tested in the paper as compared to the examination papers a few years back.
Such application-based questions require students to have a strong understanding of various Science concepts that can be tested within the PSLE Science syllabus.
We will help your child uncover some of the commonly tested examination questions from each topic & also reveal how multiple Science concepts may be used TOGETHER to answer the question.
🚀 Proven ‘Copy and Paste’ Answering Structures, Keywords & Key Phrases
Your child will NOT leave this workshop empty-handed.
Not only will our PSLE Science Specialists guide your child through the step-by-step process of tackling open-ended questions, we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes, fill-in-the-blank handouts and worksheets that are all designed to help students learn Science easier, better and faster.
These valuable resources will help to shorten the learning curve tremendously. You and your child can expect to save lots of valuable time and frustration trying to figure out what examination setters are looking out for.
Here’s a sample what your child will receive…
🎯 Get Exposed To Various Question Trends & Question Types
Our P5 CCI™ Science Courses are all about understanding various question trends and question types & how to apply our tested and proven answering techniques to tackle these questions.
If your child diligently reviews and applies what we’ve taught, he/she will definitely make progress in their abilities to tackle open-ended questions. (Isn’t this the section that your child often struggle in?)
💣 Avoid ‘Concept Traps’ That Cause Most Students To Lose Marks Unnecessarily
It is important to have an understanding of the common conceptual pitfalls, so that your child can learn to avoid them.
Do not underestimate these tips as they will help your child improve the odds of scoring an A or A* for the Primary 5 Science examination!
P5 CCI™ Science Course
- Level Eligibility: Primary 5
- Sessions: 4
- Total Duration: 12 hours (4 x 3 hrs)
- Tuition Fee: S$547
- Learning Arrangement:
- Digital Classes
- Onsite Classes* (subjected to changes to National Safe Management Measures)
- Session 1: Cells & Body Systems
- Session 2: Heat Energy & Water Cycle
- Session 3: Magnetism & Light
- Session 4: Plant Cycle, Animal & Plant Reproduction
About Your Child’s Instructors
Your child will be taught by one of these instructors from our PSLE Science Specialist team.
PSLE Science Team
PSLE Science Team
Here’s What Your Child Will Get
When your child enrolls today, he/she can look forward to get access to:
- 8 Core Topics Delivered Across 12 Hours of Lesson Time
- 88 Pages of Beautifully-Illustrated Science Notes
- 26 Questions Adapted From Past Year Examination Papers (on average, 3 per topic)
- 1 ‘Fill-in-the-Blanks’ Activity Booklet
🧠 Does Your Child Know WHAT To Study & HOW To Study Science?
Growing up, many students are often overloaded with a lot of information when learning Science.
They are led to think that everything that they have been taught will be tested during their examinations. As a result, it is very easy for parents & children to get overwhelmed.
Well, is everything useful for the examinations? Absolutely not.
Having worked with thousands of primary school students over the past 7 years, we know what works and (more importantly) what doesn’t.
We help to distil the information by emphasising the important ones and pulling out the unimportant ones. It’s important to study smart. Learn from the experts as we share exactly what to study, so your child can focus his/her efforts on the concepts that really matter.
The content covered during our P4 CCI™ Science Course will help to consolidate your child’s learning over the past couple of years (Primary 3 and Primary 4) to better prepare him/her for the upcoming P4 SA2 Science examinations.
This will provide a good overview of how to study for his/her upcoming examinations. (It’s not that difficult, really.)
🦠 Topic: Cells
- List the various cells learnt (including specialised cells)
- State and explain the adaptation of specialised cells
- Label and relate the function of each cell part to experimental outcomes
- Identify the similarities and differences between an animal cell and a plant cell
💀 Topic: Body Systems
- Understand how the 5 different body systems work together
- Describe the various organs in the digestive system and their functions
- Understand how our body systems are involved during exercise
- Read/draw/interpret graphs for systems-related questions
- Understand how our body systems cope with changes in the environment
🔥 Topic: Heat Energy
- Apply the HPC answering technique
- Identify the 7 heat processes and its various applications
- Identify where water droplets form and explain how they formed
- Explain how evaporative cooling works
- Describe expansion and contraction with comparative terms
🌦Topic: Water Cycle
- Draw references between a ‘Water Cycle’ experimental set-up with the actual Water Cycle model
- Know when to apply the 9 ‘Water Cycle’ question types to various examination questions
- Describe how the Water Cycle in the terrarium works
- Understand how Water Cycle concepts are used to obtain clean water for drinking
🧲 Topic: Magnetism
- State the 4 types of magnetic materials
- Know how to apply the ‘3 Golden Rules of Magnetism’
- Compare magnetic strength using experiments
- Understand how electromagnets are used in our daily lives
🔦 Topic: Light
- Apply the 2 key properties of light to examination questions
- Apply the ‘shadows’ and ‘light’ answering structures
- Recognise how the opacity of the object and the screen affects the shade of the shadow formed
- Understand how the distance between light source, object, and screen affects the size of the shadow formed
🌱 Topic: Plant Cycle
- Identify and explain how the growth of the plant affects the various part in the plant
- Understand how the transport of substances in plant are affected when the transport tubes are removed
- State the 4 methods of seed dispersal and their related explanations
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages related to the change in the size of the stomata
👼🏻 Topic: Animal & Plant Reproduction
- Understand how flowers are adapted for wind/insect-pollination
- Recognise the similarities and differences between animal and plant reproduction
- Relate the function of reproductive organs to its impact on reproduction when these organs are removed
- Understand the adaptation for survival by having 2 ovaries/testes
Visualise The Digital Experience
Here's How We Make It Easy For Parents & Students
Visualise The Onsite Experience
Here's How Keep Your Child Safe With Enhanced Measures
From the beginning, your child's safety and well-being have always been important to us. We will be adopting a series of government-mandated measures to make our onsite experience as safe as possible for our learners.
SafeEntry Registration & Temperature Screening
Every student authorised to attend onsite lessons will need to report to the Temperature Screening Station before attending the class:
(i) Undergo health screening (temperature taking & health declaration)
(ii) Check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry if the following conditions are met:
- You/your child have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- You/your child are not currently under a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice
- You/your child do not have a fever or flu-like symptoms
- You/your child agree to the terms and consent to the collection and use of your information for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing
✳️ Please ensure that your child brings along his/her TraceTogether token or mobile phone with the TraceTogether App to facilitate the SafeEntry processing.
(1) The TraceTogether Token or App is mandatory from 1 June 2021 onwards. Students without the token or the app will not be allowed to enter the premises.
(2) SafeEntry Check-in via SingPass or Mobile QR code will no longer be accepted from 17 May 2021 onwards. Scanning of barcodes on personal identification cards to check in to venues will still be allowed until 31 May 2021.
(3) If your child is living in the same household as a family member who is unwell, he/she should not be attending his/her onsite lesson for that particular week.
(4) Students and staff who are unwell (i.e. fever or respiratory symptoms) will not be allowed to enter our premises.
(5) Students and staff who are on Health Risk Warning (HRW) are encouraged to minimise unnecessary social interactions and may only be allowed to enter the centre if they produce photoevidence of a negative Antigen Rapid test (ART) taken on that day.
Disinfection Between Classes & Regular, Extensive Sanitisation Efforts
Classrooms will also be thoroughly sanitised before and after classes.
We have also stepped up our sanitisation efforts in classrooms and common areas with the use of NEA-approved professional cleaners.
Deep cleaning by fogging non-toxic, skin-friendly chemicals have also been scheduled on a weekly basis.
Revised In-Class Seating Arrangement
Students attending onsite lessons will be split into groups of 5 with at least 1-metre distancing between groups.
As much as possible, we will attempt to assign onsite classes across all of our classrooms in the other units on the same level to avoid intermingling between students.
Entry/exit timings of all students will also be staggered.
Use of Masks
All students will be required to wear a mask at the Centre. Students can choose to wear a face shield on top of a mask for additional protection if desired.
Easy Access to Sanitisers
Automated hand sanitiser dispenser machines have also been installed along all common areas for students to use when necessary.
Safe Distancing Control In Common Areas
Aside from the installation of safe distancing markers on the ground, safe distancing ambassadors will also be deployed to remind students to keep a safe distance from each other.
As much as possible, parents who are picking up their children should make pick-up arrangements at Level 1 to avoid crowding the waiting areas.
Changes to Reception Operations
Our Reception will also remain CLOSED for enquiries and payment.
If you would like to learn more about our programmes or products, please contact us via WhatsApp, Email or Live Chat.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Any student who wants to score As & A*s for P5 Science, but is reluctant to revise using the traditional DRILLING method.
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high performing students.
Students who are having tuition that simply do not work for them.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Existing high performing students who want to strengthen their thought process & refine their answers to perfection!
Your child has been consistently scoring As, but struggle to get a breakthrough to the A*, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
Hear What Parents Have To Say About Their Kids’ Experience With Us.
Excellent Notes & Diagrams!
“The main reason for me to enrol my child in the P5 CCI Science Course is because I find that he struggles to answer open ended questions well.
Initially, my child was reluctant to attend this course but after the first session, he did not resist anymore and in fact after the second lesson, he started to show positive attitude and picked up useful tips from the teachers. The notes and the diagrams are excellent and he said the explanations provided by the teachers are definitely more interesting than sitting down with me!”
Structure Answers Systematically!
“Elizabeth found the classes fun and engaging. Ms Jolie was able to relate well to the students and explained all the concepts very clearly.
The notes were comprehensive and visually attractive making it easy to read. Elizabeth knows the concepts well but find difficulty with answering long questions in the way that is required for exams and this course has taught her how to organise her thoughts and structure her answers in a systematic manner.
She had been so enthusiastic after each lesson and looked forward to the lessons the next day. I would highly recommend this course to other parents!”
I will recommend The Pique Lab to other parents!”
Enjoyed The Lively Class
“Yi Xuan had not been interested in the Science subject in the last one year.
After she attended Ms. Lim’s P5 CCI Science Course for the first day, she requested to attend weekly classes with The Pique Lab and strongly believe that she can score well in SA2. I am grateful that the 4-days workshop had instilled confidence in her on Science subject.
According to Yi Xuan, she enjoys the lively class conducted by Ms. Lim, and she loves the colourful notes that she received. Noted that after the first day, she had been looking forward for the next sessions.”
P5 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course Details
July – Weekends
Run 300: 9/7, 16/7, 23/7, 30/7 (Sat) 4PM to 7PM - 3 Seats Left!
P5 CCI™ Science Course (Run 300) – 3 Seats Left!
Conducted by: Ms. Vivien Lim
Session 1: 9 July (Saturday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 2: 16 July (Saturday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 3: 23 July (Saturday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 4: 30 July (Saturday) 4PM to 7PM
Run 315: 10/7, 17/7, 24/7, 31/7 (Sun) 4PM to 7PM - 3 Seats Left!
P5 CCI™ Science Course (Run 315) – 3 Seats Left!
Conducted by: Ms. Vanessa Chan
Session 1: 10 July (Sunday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 2: 17 July (Sunday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 3: 24 July (Sunday) 4PM to 7PM
Session 4: 31 July (Sunday) 4PM to 7PM
September – School Holidays
Run 316: 5/9, 6/9, 7/9, 8/9 (Mon - Thu) 9AM to 12PM
P5 CCI™ Science Course (Run 316)
Conducted by: Ms. Vanessa Chan
Session 1: 5 September (Monday) 9AM to 12PM
Session 2: 6 September (Tuesday) 9AM to 12PM
Session 3: 7 September (Wednesday) 9AM to 12PM
Session 4: 8 September (Thursday) 9AM to 12PM
Run 317: 5/9, 6/9, 7/9, 8/9 (Mon - Thu) 1PM to 4PM
P5 CCI™ Science Course (Run 317)
Conducted by: Ms. Vanessa Chan
Session 1: 5 September (Monday) 1PM to 4PM
Session 2: 6 September (Tuesday) 1PM to 4PM
Session 3: 7 September (Wednesday) 1PM to 4PM
Session 4: 8 September (Thursday) 1PM to 4PM
If You’re Still On The Fence, Hear Us Out.
Over the past seven years, we’ve seen more than 3,451 primary school students attend the CCI Science Course, achieving phenomenal improvements in their understanding of the subject matter & more importantly, their results.
We’ve been getting these raving testimonials from happy parents weekly after their kids have benefitted immensely from our help. Click here to see what other parents have been saying about our CCI Science Courses.
In case you’re wondering…
This is NOT one of those enrichment programs where students gain loads of theories and do nothing with them afterwards!
As your child will get to apply whatever they’ve learned directly on school examination questions during the course … by the time your child has completed the course, he/ she will be trained on how to tackle his/ her school homework & school examination papers accurately & efficiently.
Not a month later… or even a week later, but immediately!
During the P5 CCI™ Science course, we’ll be revealing some massively potent studying strategies used by our top-performing primary school students. These strategies have helped them save hours studying every day and yet allow them to score As & A*s during their school examinations time & time again!
So… if you are looking for:
1) A highly robust methodology to sharpen your child’s Science answering techniques, especially in their open-ended section (… such that he/she no longer loses marks unnecessarily due to missing links, key words or key phrases)
2) An engaging teacher with a strong proven track record with primary school students (>80% As and A*s) (… trust me: teachers make or break the learning experience for students. Set them up with the right teacher & they’ll enjoy the learning process for life)
3) A comprehensive set of visually-appealing revision materials that high-performing primary school students use to excel in their examinations (… you’d want your child to get his/her hands on these materials & start revising now. The best part: Your child doesn’t have to spend countless hours trying to study, because we’ve distilled the most important parts to take note!)
… then this course may just be perfect for your child.
Now, let’s be real. Is this going to be easy?
There is ALWAYS going to be a bit of discomfort, uncertainty and plenty of hard work when your child is trying to learn and apply our answering structures to tackle examination questions. That is normal & many of our students go through the same process all the time.
Once your child pushes past that discomfort, that’s when you will notice real growth in his/her learning. It will not be a walk in the park, but we have plenty of materials & close guidance to help your child improve his/her answering techniques!
We’ll see your child at the workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the P5 CCI™ Science course different from other tuition programs out there?
It’s NOT a trial class nor a typical program where you expect 20-30 students crammed in a class, in a bid to do some last-minute rescue work. The CCI™ Science course is designed to solidify your child’s fundamentals in Science, so he/ she can tackle open-ended Science questions with ease & precision.
Here’s how it works: Throughout our teaching careers, we have perfected a number of strategies and tactics that are proven to work for our students. More importantly, these strategies are carefully documented in our course material, so these best practices could be taught effectively to new primary school students. We will not hold any back “secret tactics” (unlike traditional kungfu masters) & these strategies would be EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones taught to our high performers.
Please note that our P5 Complete Concept Integration™ Science Course is not for everyone. They work best for students who have the will & determination to do well, but are lacking the right strategies to get to the A or A*. Our strategies are all meat and no fluff. If you want lengthy theories, please read the textbook instead. Our P5 CCI™ Science course is all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible!
Will there be breaks in between classes?
Yes, we typically offer a 5-10 minutes break for every 1-hour of learning.
What topics are covered?
Session 1: Cells & Body Systems
Session 2: Heat Energy & Water Cycle
Session 3: Magnetism & Light
Session 4: Plant Cycle, Animal & Plant Reproduction
Will there be homework provided during the workshop?
There’ll not be any homework given during the workshop. The CCI™ Science course is a highly intensive workshop. Both concepts and answering techniques will be taught in class and we’ll teach your child how to apply these techniques on primary school examination questions.
We will give your child a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers and sorted based on their topics. A portion of the questions will be attempted & reviewed in class. The remaining questions can be brought home for their own practice. We’ll also send you an answer booklet for the questions in the CCI™ course.
Who is the instructor for the class?
Our classes are conducted by our team of highly-popular primary school Science Specialists.
Our PSLE Science Specialists have collectively more than ten years of teaching experience under their belts. During which, they have experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. More importantly, they know what works for the student and what doesn’t.
Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, they have helped more than 80% of their students clinch As and A*s during the PSLE Science examination. Seasoned by experience, they’re known among parents for building rapport with their students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
What is the maximum class size?
Our CCI™ Science classes are typically fully booked. You can expect the class to have 12 to 14 students.
What kind of materials would my child be getting?
Your child would be receiving a comprehensive set of notes, covering a selected number of P4 and P5 topics (see above) that we’ll be discussing during the CCI™ Science Course. On top of that, he/she will be receiving a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from primary school examination papers.
These questions have been adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. As such, your child would have the opportunity to apply the thought processes and answering techniques learnt on these questions immediately.
Q: What is the difference between the CCI™ Science Workshop and the Experimental Techniques Masterclass?
The CCI™ Science Program is a different program from the 3-hour Experimental Techniques™ Masterclass.
The 3-hour masterclass is a skills-based workshop – focusing on questions involved in experimental set-ups (such as what is the aim of the experiment, how to ensure a fair test, etc). In contrast, the CCI workshop is a content-based, comprehensive workshop – focusing on the thought processes & answering techniques for a selected number of P4 and P5 topics.
There’ll not be any overlaps in terms of the focus. Parents usually send their kids for both courses because we cover answering techniques for different skillets.
Course Registration Form
Please fill in the following form accurately.
⚠️ TAKE NOTE:
In light of the recent Transition Phase COVID-19 Measures, your child can attend this workshop onsite OR digitally via Zoom.
Regardless of which learning arrangement you pick (onsite/ digital), the hardcopy handouts will be delivered to your place at least a week prior to the start of the course at no extra cost.
For the latest updates, please refer to our advisory here.
Note: Please click the “Register Now” button to process the above registration.
You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.
Have Any Questions?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.