Grade Accelerator Programme
Terms & Conditions
Your child’s enrolment and lessons at The Pique Lab Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “The Centre”) is subjected to the Terms and Conditions as listed below. Parents/Guardians are requested to sign on the Terms and Conditions in recognition of their acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which will apply upon enrolment at The Centre.
1.0 COURSE TERMS
1. The Centre’s course terms are segmented into four periods in a given year:
a. Term 1: January to March
b. Term 2: April to June
c. Term 3: July to September
d. Term 4: October to November
2. Term 4 is only applicable if your child is currently enrolled in Primary 3, Primary 4 or Primary 5.
2.0 COURSE FEES
1. Upon registration of new students, the Centre will collect a one-time registration fee of $60.
2. The Centre will collect the respective course fees prior to the commencement of the term, based on the number of billable lessons at the following rates:
a. P3 2019/ P4 2019: $70 for each weekly 1.5-hour lesson
b. P5 2019/ P6 2019: $80 for each weekly 2-hour lesson
3. The rates shown in Sections 2.1 and 2.2 are inclusive of goods and services tax (GST).
4. Prior to enrolment, a fee schedule outlining the dates and number of billable lessons will be produced for your perusal.
5. Lessons missed due to public holidays will be excluded from the above fee computation. This will also be reflected in the fee schedule outlined in Section 2.2.
6. Fees for the course terms are due on the following dates:
a. 2019 Term 1: 1st December 2018
b. 2019 Term 2: 1st April 2019
c. 2019 Term 3: 1st July 2019
d. 2019 Term 4: 1st October 2019
7. Course fees must be paid in full, by the due dates stated above. Following the deadline, a late payment surcharge of $30 will be imposed.
8. All lessons are paid for in advance. All course fees are inclusive of course materials.
9. All receipts will be issued via email. Please retain the receipts for verification purposes.
10. All payments made are strictly non-refundable, non-transferable and non-negotiable.
11. Notes that were previously issued in the current and/or previous academic year(s) may be purchased upon request.
3.0 PAYMENT MODES
We accept payment in the following mediums:
1. PayNow: Unique Entity Number (UEN) – “201700819R”
2. ATM/Bank Transfer to “DBS Current account 100-904204-4”
a. You are required to indicate your child’s full name in the Reference field of the bank transfer form to facilitate The Centre’s administrative duties.
b. You are required to update your assigned Community Manager via WhatsApp message (most preferred), SMS text message or Email immediately after payment has been made.
4. Cheque addressed to “The Pique Lab Pte. Ltd.”
5. Cash (least preferred)
1. The Centre requires the student to be enrolled for a minimum of one term. No mid-term withdrawal is allowed.
2. For the Term Payment Scheme, the Centre will not be able to offer any refund or fee credit if your child chooses to terminate classes with us.
3. For the Annual Payment Scheme, there will be a cancellation fee of $80 and the fees for the remaining terms will be refunded in the form of a Cheque.
4. The Centre requires the withdrawal form to be submitted at least one (1) month before the end of the term if you’d like to terminate your child’s enrolment at The Centre. You may submit the withdrawal form here: https://thepiquelab.com/gap-withdrawal/
5. If you have any queries regarding termination of classes, please drop a WhatsApp text/call to your assigned Community Manager.
5.0 ABSENCE/ MAKE-UP LESSONS
1. The Centre’s curriculum starts on Wednesday and ends on the following Tuesday.
2. A student is entitled to three (3) make-up lessons per course term regardless of the reason of absence. There is strictly no fee credit if a student is absent for the 4th time in a term regardless of the reason of absence.
3. If a student is unable to schedule or attend a make-up class, the lesson materials will be distributed to the student in the next lesson. Alternatively, parents can collect the lesson materials or request for them to be sent via postal mail. The Centre will strictly not send the lesson materials via email. There is strictly no fee credit if a student is unable to attend any of the make-up lessons offered.
4. Make-up lessons will be offered on a best-effort basis subjected to The Centre’s discretion and class availability. If offered, it must be attended within the same curriculum week of the original class at the same academic level.
5. Make-up lessons cannot be accumulated and carried forward to the next term.
6. The Centre may amend the class schedule for existing regular classes during school holidays in March, June or September.
7. Request for make-up classes shall be made at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance and no earlier than thirty (30) days in advance.
8. Once a make-up lesson has been arranged, your child’s original slot for that week will be released to other students who are seeking make-up opportunities.
9. The Centre will not be able to offer a second make-up class if your child missed his/her scheduled make-up lesson, regardless of the circumstance.
1. Your child should not come for classes if they show any signs of illnesses (such as coughing, sneezing or vomiting). This is to prevent infecting other children in the classroom. A child showing symptoms of illness will be required to be taken home immediately.
2. If your child has contracted any childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, hand, foot and mouth disease or measles, you must notify The Centre and keep him or her at home until the quarantine period is over.
3. In the interest of your child’s well being whilst in The Centre’s care, The Centre must be informed of any medical or other conditions affecting your child.
7.0 STUDENTS’ RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Students should be aware that they are attending the course(s) to study and are expected to behave responsibly at all times.
2. Activities that would cause disturbance to other students or The Centre, will result in instant dismissal from the course. In such case, no fee refund will be made.
3. Students have the responsibility to file their lesson materials (notes, worksheets, diagnostic tests). Additional fees will be incurred in the event that the materials are missing and a reprint is needed.
4. Students are not allowed to share or disseminate any material by The Centre to anyone who is not a student from The Centre.
5. Students who are found committing the above offence may be subjected to instant dismissal from The Centre. In such case, no fee refund will be made.
8.0 ACADEMIC YEAR & CLOSURE
1. The full academic year commences on the first week of January. The academic year ends on the last week of September for Primary 6 students and the last week of November for Primary 3, Primary 4 and Primary 5 students.
2. The Centre will not be conducting any regular lessons during the month of December.
3. The Centre runs an on-going curriculum during the school holidays (i.e. March, June and September). Students are required to attend the scheduled lessons as per normal during the school holidays and are liable to pay for the corresponding course fees.
4. There will not be any lessons conducted on all gazetted National Public Holidays & Centre Declared Holidays:
a. New Year’s Day – 1st January 2019, Tuesday
b. Chinese New Year Day – 5th February 2019, Tuesday & 6th February 2019, Wednesday
c. Good Friday – 19th March 2019, Friday
d. Labour Day – 1st May 2019, Wednesday
e. Vesak Day – 20th May 2019, Monday
f. Hari Raya Puasa – 5th June 2019, Wednesday
g. National Day – 9th August 2019, Friday
h. Hari Raya Haji –12th August 2019, Monday
i. Deepavali – & 28th October 2019, Monday
9.0 THE CENTRE’S RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Course fees may be changed and the services offered may be withdrawn at any time. In the above cases, The Centre will give at least four (4) weeks advance notice to the student. However, course fees will not be varied when a course is in progress.
2. The Centre reserves the right to cancel a course if it is undersubscribed. In this case, students will be given a full refund of fees paid for the unattended lessons.
3. Queries pertaining to any external materials brought in by students will only be answered or handled at the teachers’ discretion and convenience.
4. The Centre reserves the rights to change the tutors if it deems necessary and conduct the programs and classes in any manner it deems appropriate.
5. Parents are updated on the latest information through emails or newsletters and notices served to their children in classes.
6. Parents are advised not to talk to tutors during lessons and between classes.
7. Private negotiation or engaging in business with or hiring of The Centre’s staff, trainers or partners is strictly prohibited.
8. The clock provided in The Centre’s premises is the official time for commencement and dismissal of classes.
10.0 PHOTOGRAPHS/ RECORDINGS
1. Parents shall permit The Centre and its Staff to record their child’s image, work or voice for publicity, promotional, publishing or educational purposes.
2. The Centre will need a written form (delivered by hand, post, email, WhatsApp message or SMS text message) of your expressed intention to opt out from the above clause. You may submit the media opt-out form here: https://thepiquelab.com/media-opt-out/
3. The Centre has round-the-clock surveillance systems installed within the premises to ensure the safety and security of their students.
4. Parents and students are not allowed to make photographic, video and/or other recordings inside our classrooms or premises unless you have obtained prior consent from The Centre.
1. While The Centre and its Staff will exercise the utmost care and precautions to ensure the safety of every student during classes, parents accept that mishaps and accidents may occur due to circumstances beyond The Centre’s control. Therefore, all parents agree that The Centre cannot be held liable for such incidents and will thus indemnify The Centre against such liability.
2. Parents or guardians will accept full liability for any damage caused by the student to premises where programmes are conducted.
3. The Centre will not be responsible or liable for the loss of any personal property in The Centre’s premises.
4. Upon the dismissal of classes, The Centre will not be responsible for the whereabouts of the students. Hence, The Centre seeks the kind cooperation of all parents and guardians. Herein thereof, parents are advised to take note of their children’s dismissal times and arrange for prompt pick-up.
Data Protection Notice
This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which The Pique Lab Pte. Ltd (“we”, “us”, or “our”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
1.0 PERSONAL DATA
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who (a) has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, or (b) may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
(a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, gender, date of birth, photographs and other audio-visual information.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
2.0 COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party who has been duly authorised by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorised representative”) after (i) you (or your authorised representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and (ii) you (or your authorised representative) have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal data for those purposes, or (b) collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by the PDPA or other laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorised by law).
2. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a. performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you; b. verifying your identity; c. responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you; d. managing your relationship with us; e. processing payment or credit transactions; f. sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our events, initiatives and other promotions; g. complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority; h. any other purposes for which you have provided the information; i. transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and j. any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
3. We may disclose your personal data:
a. where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or b. to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in Clause 2.2 above for us.
4. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
3.0 WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
1. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
2. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
3. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in Clause 3.1.
4. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect out right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
4.0 ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
2. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
3. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
5.0 PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
2. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
6.0 ACCURACY OF PERSONAL DATA
We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided in Clause 9.
7.0 RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes
8.0 TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA. 9.0 DATA PROTECTION OFFICER You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner: Data Protection Officer: Goh Si Jia Contact Number: 9662 5405 (Call, WhatsApp) Email: email@example.com 10.0 EFFECT OF NOTICE AND CHANGES TO NOTICE
1. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
2. We may revise this Notice from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective Date : 1/2/2018 Last updated : 3/2/2018
Do You Need Clarifications?
Don’t worry, let us help you. Click the button below to schedule a free call-back.