S2 Content Mastery Course
Become Great At Tackling Biology Questions
What Your Child Will Be Learning
During this 6-hour content-packed S2 CCI™ Biology Course, we’ll work closely with your child to improve on his/her mastery of the subject matter:
🧱 Understand Key Biology Concepts In The Secondary School Science Syllabus
We’ll help to break down complex Biology concepts using coloured illustrations, comparison charts and worked examples. Next, we’ll help your child relate these concepts to different scenarios so that he/she is better able to understand how these concepts work.
🎯 Gain Exposure To Various Question Trends & Question Types
Our S2 CCI™ Biology Course is all about understanding the various examination question trends and question types & how to apply our tested and proven answering techniques to tackle these questions.
Knowing how questions may possibly be tested during examinations will help your child understand what to study and how to study. This also means that your child will be better equipped to tackle similar questions during his/her examinations and hence will be able to process these questions a lot faster than his/her peers.
If your child diligently reviews and applies what we’ve taught, he/she will definitely make progress in their abilities to tackle Biology questions.
🚀 Proven ‘Copy and Paste’ Answering Structures, Keywords & Key Phrases
Your child will NOT leave this workshop empty-handed.
Not only will our Secondary Science Specialists take your child through the step-by-step process of tackling Biology questions, we’ll also provide your child with beautifully-illustrated notes and worksheets that are designed to help students learn Science easier, better and faster.
These valuable resources will help to shorten the learning curve tremendously. You and your child can expect to save lots of valuable time and frustration trying to figure out what examination setters are looking out for.
Here’s a sample of what your child will receive…
💣 Avoid ‘Concept Traps’ That Cause Most Students To Lose Marks Unnecessarily
It is important to have an understanding of the common conceptual pitfalls so that your child can learn to avoid them. We also included little ‘warning notes’ to remind students of potential misconceptions in their syllabus.
Do not underestimate these tips as they will help your child improve the odds of scoring an A for his/her Science examination!
S2 CCI™ Biology Course
- Level Eligibility: Secondary 2
(O-Level (Express)/ IP/ IB/ IGCSE)
- Sessions: 2
- Total Duration: 6 hours (2 x 3hrs)
- Tuition Fee: S$327
- Learning Arrangement:
- Digital Classes
- Onsite Classes* (subjected to changes to National Safe Management Measures)
- Session 1:
- Movement of Substances
- Biological Molecules
- Session 2: Human Digestive System
About Your Child’s Instructors
Your child will be taught by one of these instructors from our Secondary Science Specialist team.
Mr. Kenneth Mak
Secondary Science Specialist
Mr. Kenneth is the co-founder & Secondary Science Specialist of The Pique Lab. When it comes to secondary school Science, he is the go-to guy!
With more than 11 years of teaching experience, he has experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. He knows what works for the student and what doesn’t. Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, he has helped more than 80% of his students clinch As and A*s during the PSLE Science examination.
Seasoned by experience, he is known among parents for building rapport with his students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
Here’s What Your Child Receive
When your child enrolls today, he/she can look forward to gain access to:
- 4 Core Topics Delivered Across 6 Hours of Lesson Time
- 82 Pages of Beautifully-Illustrated Science Notes
- Question Booklet Containing 99 Questions Adapted From Past Year Examination Papers For Application
- 25 Additional Practice Questions For Extra Hardworking Students!
💦 Topic: Movement of Substances
- Define diffusion and osmosis.
- Recognise the conditions required for diffusion and osmosis to occur.
- Understand the concept of “net movement”, “concentration gradient” and “water potential”.
- Compare the similarities and differences between diffusion and osmosis.
- Identify the various applications of diffusion and osmosis in living and non-living materials.
- Relate the tonicity of the solution (Isotonic, Hypertonic, Hypotonic) to the various conditions (Flaccid, Plasmolysed, Crenated, Lyse) of animal and plant cells.
- State and explain the factors affecting the rate of movement of a substance.
🥕 Topic: Biological Molecules
- Identify the nutrients that are found in our body.
- Understand the metabolic processes involved in breaking down (catabolism) and synthesising (anabolism) these nutrients.
- Recognise the importance and functions of water, carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Learn about the 4 tests used to identify carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Compare the constituent elements of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Relate the building blocks used in the formation of carbohydrates, fats and proteins to the process of digestion in the human body.
🧬 Topic: Enzymes
- Define enzymes.
- Identify the various enzymes used in the process of digesting carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- Recognise the scientific names of nutrients in the various stages of digestion.
- Learn about the characteristics of enzymes and how they help to lower the activation energy of chemical reactions.
- Understand how enzymes work using the ‘lock-and-key’ hypothesis.
- State the conditions that cause denaturation of enzymes.
- List the factors affecting enzymatic action and describe their effect on the rate of chemical reactions.
👄 Topic: Human Digestive System
- Recognise the 5 nutrition processes in the human digestive system.
- Define digestion and absorption and their importance.
- Compare processes involved in physical and chemical digestion.
- Identify the main and associated organs in the alimentary canal.
- Understand how food moves along the alimentary canal and relate them to the 5 nutrition processes.
- State and explain how the various organs along the alimentary canal play their part in the process of breaking down nutrients.
Visualise The Digital Experience
Here's How We Make It Easy For Parents & Students
Visualise The Onsite Experience
Here's How Keep Your Child Safe With Enhanced Measures
From the beginning, your child's safety and well-being have always been important to us. We will be adopting a series of government-mandated measures to make our onsite experience as safe as possible for our learners.
SafeEntry Registration & Temperature Screening
Every student authorised to attend onsite lessons will need to report to the Temperature Screening Station before attending the class:
(i) Undergo health screening (temperature taking & health declaration)
(ii) Check in via TraceTogether-Only SafeEntry if the following conditions are met:
- You/your child have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- You/your child are not currently under a Quarantine Order or Stay-Home Notice
- You/your child do not have a fever or flu-like symptoms
- You/your child agree to the terms and consent to the collection and use of your information for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing
✳️ Please ensure that your child brings along his/her TraceTogether token or mobile phone with the TraceTogether App to facilitate the SafeEntry processing.
(1) The TraceTogether Token or App is mandatory from 1 June 2021 onwards. Students without the token or the app will not be allowed to enter the premises.
(2) SafeEntry Check-in via SingPass or Mobile QR code will no longer be accepted from 17 May 2021 onwards. Scanning of barcodes on personal identification cards to check in to venues will still be allowed until 31 May 2021.
(3) If your child is living in the same household as a family member who is unwell, he/she should not be attending his/her onsite lesson for that particular week.
(4) Students and staff who are unwell (i.e. fever or respiratory symptoms) will not be allowed to enter our premises.
(5) Students and staff who are on Health Risk Warning (HRW) are encouraged to minimise unnecessary social interactions and may only be allowed to enter the centre if they produce photoevidence of a negative Antigen Rapid test (ART) taken on that day.
Disinfection Between Classes & Regular, Extensive Sanitisation Efforts
Classrooms will also be thoroughly sanitised before and after classes.
We have also stepped up our sanitisation efforts in classrooms and common areas with the use of NEA-approved professional cleaners.
Deep cleaning by fogging non-toxic, skin-friendly chemicals have also been scheduled on a weekly basis.
Revised In-Class Seating Arrangement
Students attending onsite lessons will be split into groups of 5 with at least 1-metre distancing between groups.
As much as possible, we will attempt to assign onsite classes across all of our classrooms in the other units on the same level to avoid intermingling between students.
Entry/exit timings of all students will also be staggered.
Use of Masks
All students will be required to wear a mask at the Centre. Students can choose to wear a face shield on top of a mask for additional protection if desired.
Easy Access to Sanitisers
Automated hand sanitiser dispenser machines have also been installed along all common areas for students to use when necessary.
Safe Distancing Control In Common Areas
Aside from the installation of safe distancing markers on the ground, safe distancing ambassadors will also be deployed to remind students to keep a safe distance from each other.
As much as possible, parents who are picking up their children should make pick-up arrangements at Level 1 to avoid crowding the waiting areas.
Changes to Reception Operations
Our Reception will also remain CLOSED for enquiries and payment.
If you would like to learn more about our programmes or products, please contact us via WhatsApp, Email or Live Chat.
Who Should Attend This Course?
Your child is the kind of student who wants to outperform his/ her peers & study the SMART way, like many other high-performing students.
You probably have invested thousands of dollars & months of time, but it’s just not working out.
Your child isn’t exactly progressing much & you’re looking for a change in environment.
Your child has been consistently scoring B3/A2, but struggles to get a breakthrough to the A1, no matter how hard he/she has tried.
Don’t Just Take Our Word For It.
Hear What Parents Have To Say About Their Kids’ Experience With Us.
Very Useful & Helpful!
“The S1 CCI was very helpful. Before attending the session, my daughter had difficulty in understanding certain Science concepts.
After attending the session, she has a better understanding of the topics and is now able to solve the questions using efficient methods. She is also able to use the notes and extra practices provided for revision.
Overall, the course was very useful and helpful and I highly recommend the course to other parents.
Emphasise On Keywords & Concepts
“Answering Section B of Science has always been a problem for Joshua. He is not familiar with the technique that is unique in answering, causing him to lose a lot of marks.
After being with The Pique Lab since Primary 6 and now in Secondary 1, he has more confidence in answering short answer questions as the teachers emphasise on key words and concepts, which allowed him to have better understanding on how to tackle each question.
Joshua always tell me the teachers are very engaging, lessons were always fun to be in and explanation for every topics were always so clear. I did not regret sending Joshua to The Pique Lab and will definitely introduce my friends to such a great learning centre.
Thank you for all your effort, Mr Mak and all teachers in Pique Lab.
Learnt A Lot More & Understand Much More!
“Dorothy was an ex-student of your regular class in her primary school. She did well during her PSLE. However, transiting into Secondary school was a different story altogether and she struggled with new concepts and theories. Thus when this opportunity came to attend your holiday lesson, she immediately jumped onto and look forward for class.
After the 2 days class, she came back with very positive feedback and she said she definitely learned a lot more and understand much more than before.
Kudos to Kenneth for his great teaching!
S2 Complete Concept Integration™ Biology Course Details
Suitable For S2 Students In O-Level (Express)/ IP*/ IB*/ IGCSE* Track (*See FAQ)
There are NO available S2 Complete Concept Integration™ Biology Course at this point in time.
If you’d like to be given the heads up when our enrollments open, please fill in the Interest Check form below.
Thank you! 🙂
If You’re Still On The Fence, Hear Us Out.
We’ve been getting these raving testimonials from happy parents weekly after their kids have benefitted immensely from our help. Click here to see what other parents have been saying about our CCI Science Courses.
In case you’re wondering…
This is NOT one of those enrichment programs where students gain loads of theories and do nothing with them afterwards!
As your child will get to apply whatever they’ve learned directly on school examination questions during the course … by the time your child has completed the course, he/ she will be trained on how to tackle his/ her school homework & school examination papers accurately & efficiently.
Not a month later… or even a week later, but immediately!
During the S2 CCI™ Biology course, we’ll be revealing some massively potent studying strategies used by our top-performing students. These strategies have helped them save hours studying every day and yet allow them to score A1s during their school examinations time & time again!
So… if you are looking for:
1) A highly robust methodology to sharpen your child’s Science answering techniques, especially in their open-ended section (… such that he/she no longer loses marks unnecessarily due to missing links, keywords or key phrases)
2) An engaging teacher with a strong proven track record (… trust me: teachers make or break the learning experience for students. Set them up with the right teacher & they’ll enjoy the learning process for life)
3) A comprehensive set of visually-appealing revision materials that high-performing students use to excel in their examinations (… you’d want your child to get his/her hands on these materials & start revising now. The best part: Your child doesn’t have to spend countless hours trying to study, because we’ve distilled the most important parts to take note!)
… then this course may just be perfect for your child.
Now, let’s be real. Is this going to be easy?
There is ALWAYS going to be a bit of discomfort, uncertainty and plenty of hard work when your child is trying to learn and apply our answering structures to tackle examination questions. That is normal & many of our students go through the same process all the time.
Once your child pushes past that discomfort, that’s when you will notice real growth in his/her learning. It will not be a walk in the park, but we have plenty of materials & close guidance to help your child improve his/her answering techniques!
We’ll see your child at the workshop!
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the S2 CCI™ Biology Course different from other tuition programs out there?
Here’s how it works: Throughout our teaching careers, we have perfected a number of strategies and tactics that are proven to work for our students. More importantly, these strategies are carefully documented in our course material, so these best practices could be taught effectively to new students. We will not hold any back “secret tactics” (unlike traditional kungfu masters) & these strategies would be EXACTLY THE SAME as the ones taught to our high performers.
Please note that our S2 Complete Concept Integration™ Biology Course is not for everyone. They work best for students who have the will & determination to do well, but are lacking the right strategies to get to A1. Our strategies are all meat and no fluff. If you want lengthy theories, please read the textbook instead. Our S2 CCI™ Biology course is all about taking action and getting results as quickly and easily as possible!
Will there be breaks in between classes?
Will there be homework provided during the workshop?
We will be giving your child a question booklet containing a curated list of open-ended questions adapted from secondary school examination papers. These questions have been adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. A portion of the questions will be attempted & reviewed in class. The remaining questions can be brought home for their own practice. We’ll also send you an answer booklet for the questions in the S2 CCI™ Biology Course.
My child is in the IP/ IB/ IGCSE academic track. Is your programme suitable?
Based on research, it appears that there’re only minor differences in terms of content coverage between the O-Level (Express) track and the IP/IB/IGCSE track at a lower secondary level.
As such, it will be suitable for your child to participate if he/she is interested.
Who is the instructor for the class?
Our Science Specialists have collectively more than ten years of teaching experience under their belts. During which, they have experimented with plenty of studying strategies, keywords & template answers. More importantly, they know what works for the student and what doesn’t.
Using the proven techniques from our Complete Concept Integration™ program, they have helped more than 80% of their students clinch As during their Science examination. Seasoned by experience, they’re known among parents for building rapport with their students & helping them achieve tremendous academic results in the shortest period of time.
What is the maximum class size?
What kind of materials would my child be getting?
These questions have been carefully adapted from different schools & sorted based on their topics. As such, your child would have the opportunity to apply the thought processes and answering techniques learnt on these questions immediately.
Course Registration Form
Please fill in the following form accurately.
⚠️ TAKE NOTE:
In light of the recent Transition Phase COVID-19 Measures, your child can attend this workshop onsite OR digitally via Zoom.
Regardless of which learning arrangement you pick (onsite/ digital), the hardcopy handouts will be delivered to your place at least a week prior to the start of the course at no extra cost.
For the latest updates, please refer to our advisory here.
Note: You’ll be redirected to a confirmation page after the above registration has been successfully processed.